Thursday, January 1, 2015

Heavenly Father is your Father


Dinner with a sweet sister in our ward! 


Dear Family, 
It made me so happy to talk with you on Christmas! I love you all so very much!

After we skyped all of us missionaries here in Izumi went out for sushi with a member in our ward. It was a lot of fun, and pretty good!

Then me and Kanno Shimai headed back to our apartment and started doing language study. Then we got a phone call from a Bishop who:s Facilities Management office (whoo shout out to Mama!) is at our church building. He called and said there was a girl who had come to the church, wanting to learn about the church! So we said we could be there in about 15 minutes! We bundled up and headed back to the church and met our new investigator! 

She is a college student and had been reading the Bible the day before (on Christmas) and decided that she wanted to learn more, so on advice from her friend who had met the missionaries before, she came to our church! 

We started with the basics, talking about what she is searching for, which basically she said, is happiness. From there we taught her about our Heavenly Father and that we can talk to Him through prayer. She asked if and how Heavenly Father would answer her prayers. So we taught her a little bit about the Holy Ghost, and that answers to our prayers usually come as thoughts or feelings in our hearts. 

Sushi for Christmas! 
After our lesson, as we were riding our bikes, I was thinking about how truly everything starts with believing in, learning to trust in, and developing a relationship with our Heavenly Father. That is where it all starts. And no matter who you are, or what country you live in, or what language you speak, Heavenly Father is your Father. And if you pray, you can literally talk to Him. I know that prayer is real. I know that Heavenly Father is real. And because I:ve prayed to Him, I know He is my Father, and that He is full of beautiful, real mercy. I love Him. 

I:m grateful for you family! I:m grateful for your prayers for me. I distinctly remember one moment when I was a bean, as I stepped off the subway one day, and I just had this feeling that I was being prayed for by many people. I know that your prayers have protected me and strengthened me every single day. I love you! 
JAPAN! This is a jinja! Which is a Shinto temple. 

Happy New Year! 
I love you!
King Shimai


To my Mommanoff!


When we skyped, you asked me to think about what I want to do soon after I come home. These are the things I thought about that I would love to do the first few days I:m home:
1. Go HOME. Eat shepherds pie and corn bread for dinner. Be with my family!
2. Hang out with Tel and Katie and laugh hard! 
3. Visit people I love: the Manns, Jamye Hansen, Donna Lou, Grandparents, Grandma Mann, Conna, Jamie....
4. Go to the Logan Temple!
5. Eat out at Costa Vida
6. Go for a run around the Big Block
7. Watch the movie "Frozen"
8. Take a nap
9. Dance
10. Play the piano
11. Play with Bellamy
12. Eat whole wheat!
 


I love YOU MAMA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment