Monday, January 19, 2015

How much I have to be grateful for in this life!



My Dear Family! 

- This week we had a Hula Night! It was actually a really big activity in one of the different areas, but we got to go and hula! There was a huge turnout and it was a lot of fun! 

- We got to teach a couple of our investigators this week! We invited one of them to be baptized. She has a desire to be baptized, but because of the strong Japanese traditions/culture in her husbands family, it makes it hard for her to commit to be baptized. 

- We went to a festival this week called Dontosai. There are so many festivals in Japan! So New Years is the biggest holiday in Japan, and everyone has these decorations that they hang on their doors during the New Years holidays. Then during Dontosai, everyone brings their decorations to a jinja and throws them into a giant bonfire. We went with our investigator and had a great time! 

- We had 2 splits this week! On Thursday I did a split with my dear Robertson Shimai! We entered the MTC together and we:ve been friends all throughout our mission. During our split we went out and went streeting and housing. It was so amazing to look at how far we:ve come! From entering the MTC not knowing a lick of Japanese, to walking the streets of Izumi, trying to share our message in the Japanese language. Of course our Japanese wasn:t perfect, and we had some funny moments trying to talk with people and get them to understand what we were saying. But I was so grateful to have that experience, to just remember how far Heavenly Father has brought us. 

- Then on Friday I was in a different area, in Tagajo doing splits with a sister there. We got to visit a couple of less actives. Visiting them just reminded me how much I have to be grateful for in this life. Truly, everything I have is a gift and blessing from Heavenly Father

On Saturday me and my companion rode out to a pretty far area to visit some less actives out there. We had success meeting with a couple of them! The weather also turned into a mini blizzard, so that was exciting! 

I:m grateful to be serving my mission! I:m grateful for my family praying for me! I love you each so very very much!

Love King Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment