Monday, July 21, 2014

Japan is so Japanesey



Hi Mama! I can:t wait to hear all about your Nauvoo experience! I love having my Nauvoo pageant t-shirt here with me on my mission and to remember that experience we had together! I love the quote on the back of the t-shirt "And giving of ourselves there was so much to give!" 

My new companion is good! The first week was a little stressful and hard, just trying to be with a new person, but we are becoming better friends now and laughing more, which is good! We went running one morning around the lake with the other sisters this last week. It was so fun and guess what? I saw a real life turtle swimming in the lake!!! 

My gear is holding up good! But, I guess I could use some more thick skin colored nylons. I know you sent a bunch in your Christmas package, but I wear them basically everyday, so I could use some more if thats okay. 

Exactly ONE YEAR later! Mataoa Shimai was at our apartment because we had Zone Training meeting the next day, so we got to celebrate our 1 year mark together!


Morioka is sweet and kind of quaint.
Japan is so Japanesey sometimes! Maybe that sounds weird, like well, of course...but sometimes I just look around me and soak in how wonderfully Japanesey Japan is...in the city, lots of buses and lights and people riding their bikes, women walking down the side walk with sun umbrellas; and out in the country, lots of beautiful rice fields and cool Japanese yards.

Do you know about the amazing Christ video? Probably. But I just saw it for the first time this last week and I LOVE IT. Its on jesuschrist.lds.org called "Find out what is possible because of Jesus Christ".  It made me cry when I saw it for the first time. I love the perspective it gives, that really, everything about life, absolutely EVERYTHING is affected because of Christ. He really is in and through all aspects of our everyday life. I love that. And I love HIM! 

We went and did service at the old folks home this week and an old grandpa gave me a lil` spank-er-roo on the bottom! Whoo! 

This week we had zone training meeting; we taught Rio Shimai about Patriarchal blessings; we had a talent show and us 4 missionary sisters did the upsidedown chin faces thing; we visited a couple of less active sisters and invited them to church, but sadly neither of them came; we got to teach a couple of our investigators, Haruka chan is slowly learning more about Christ and the Plan of Salvation, and she wants to believe it! 

I LOVE YOU. 

Grandma and Grandpa Kerr! Thank you for the wonderful package! I love the skirts!!!!! 
Mom lets be twinners! 

Love Kingu Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment