Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We get to land in Nagoya!



Well folks, this is the last email from me here in America!! We got our travel plans this week and WHOA NELLY that was exciting! 
Here's the low down: (is that even the right phrase?)

-We leave the MTC Sep 16 at 3:30 am (nigh nigh!)
-We fly out of SLC airport at Sep 16 at 7:30 am
-We land in Detroit, MI Sep 16 at 1:01 pm (12:01 pm UT time)
-We fly out of Detroit, MI Sep 16 at 3:40 pm (2:40 pm UT time)
-We land in Nagoya, Japan Sep 17 at 6:05 pm 
-We fly out of Nagoya, Japan Sep 17 at 7:50 pm 
-We land in Sendai, Japan Sep 17 at 9:00 pm (6:00 am UT time on Sep 17)

I'm not really positive when I will be able to call you. Either in the SLC airport or the Detroit Metro. If I called in the SLC airport, it will be early in the morning before you go to work probably (maybe around 6:30 am) or if I call from Detroit it will be between 12-2:40 pm UT time. What is best for you? Probably in the morning? We were thinking that we would be landing in Tokyo...but we're not! We get to land in Nagoya! I literally get to be where Dad was! I am really excited about that. 

This week:
-On Friday morning when we were waiting in line for breakfast, the Japanese Sisters were waiting behind us. We said good morning to them, but didn't keep talking to them. As we were standing there  though, I remembered Bishop Mann telling me to be brave...so I thought, "I need to be brave!"

So I mustered up some courage and with the help of Robertson Shimai told them that I wanted to practice my Japanese. We ask them what they like; I told them "In order to know that Jesus Christ is our Savior will you read the Book of Mormon?" It took them a second to understand (either my Japanese or the fact that I was asking them a kinda random question...or both) but after a moment they were like, "Oh!" and Jo Shimai said "Mitama or kanjimasu!" (I feel the Spirit!) ...YES! Then I told them that if they do not follow the prophet, they will not feel the Spirit. They clapped their hands and were excited about that too! Then we all started comparing the different sounds that animals make in our different languages :) It was fabulous fun and I just love them so much! 

-On Friday night, I practiced my testimony to Mataoa Shimai's cousin and his companion who is here at the MTC. I would say a phrase in Japanese --> Mataoa Shimai then translated it into French for her cousin (who is both English and french speaking from Tahiti)--> he then translated it from French to English for his companion-->who then turned to me and translated it from English into Chinese (which is the language they are learning here at the MTC)...it was amazing!! FOUR languages all saying the same thing! That was a beautiful moment in this life. 

Donna Lou, hello dear friend! How are your hibiscus flowers doing? Are they still in bloom? I'm sure they are beautiful! I miss you and love you! 

I finished the first chapter in the Japanese Book of Mormon this week! 

I LOVE YOU ALL! I'm excited to talk to you on Monday!

Love King Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment