Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The simple things are the most important



Hello my lovely family!! 

How is everyone? I loved seeing pictures of Bellamy's blessing day! She is so beautiful! 

On Sunday, after RS they took a big panoramic picture of what is probably the biggest RS meeting in the world every week here at the MTC. So all of us sister missionaries are sitting in the big auditorium waiting. Some of the tech men were running around getting things set up and they came running down the stairs to move some big box things up at the front of the auditorium. A few of them came running down the stairs and the very last guy, right on the last step, tripped and fell....right in front of all of us sisters...but without missing a beat, he got up, kept running, holding a big thumbs-up in the air. The auditorium of sisters burst out in applause and laughter! ...When life trips ya up...pick yourself back up, keep running, and give the world a big thumbs up!

Sunday night devotional was amazing! The speaker was really good, but the best part was after his talk. The closing hymn was "Called to Serve." Picture a huge auditorium filled with elders and sisters singing this song after a very inspirational talk. We began singing, and just a few notes in, a group of elders stood up...slowly more and more missionaries stood...until the entire auditorium was standing and singing with vigor and vim "Called to SERVE!" I could barely sing, the Spirit and power in that room and that moment was so strong. I'd have to say it was one of the best moments of my mission so far! 

Tomorrow, my companion is having surgery on her foot. I think she has some sort of little tumor or bone growth or something that they will be removing. So today was the pre-op and tomorrow we will be going to Orem for her surgery. Please keep her in your prayers. I know that you have been praying for us, because we have been blessed. Thank you so much. 

I love you all so much! 
I am sending you a big ole juicy hand written letter in the mail tonight or tomorrow, so sorry this is a little short. I am so grateful we are a family! 
Be brave and remember that the simple things are the most important! I love you!
Love King Shimai

The NAME tag. I love putting this nametag on every morning. It is a blessing to literally wear my Savior's name "Iesu Kirisuto" over my heart everyday. 

This is us shimaitachi in one of the computer labs here at the MTC. We go and study Japanese and you can study grammar or phrases or vocabulary. You can listen to how to say words and then you can record yourself in the little mic and hear if you are saying it correctly. I feel like a pilot when I have the headset on!

Missionaries that are in our same building! 

I spend about 6 hours a day in this little classroom with these fine young gentlemen! They truly are wonderful! 

Studying the Book of Mormon in Nihongo! I'm still in verse one :) But I love it!


Two of my teachers, Kosaka Sensei (left) and Oshima Sensei (right). They are SO kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment