Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Crystal by crystal



Hello Dear Family!

The most important thing I have to say is that I love you! I love you all so much! Thank you, THANK YOU, for your letters. You have no idea how wonderful it is to have a letter from you. Every letter is a tender mercy! They strengthen me to know that you are praying for me.

The pictures are of my companion and I on our first day at the MTC; my district on our Temple walk last Sunday; our French, Japanese, and English "Preach My Gospel" manuals; us practicing writing "We are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" in Romaji and Hiragana in our classroom.
(This is the only photo that arrived)

Mom thanks for sending me pictures! I loved loved loved seeing little Bella. She looks even more beautiful! I love hearing about your trip to Jenny Lake and your missionary experience!

Chels and Spence and Bella, have you moved yet? How is that coming along? Are you packing boxes yet?

Good news is that my slip is staying up pretty good, I haven't had to pick it up from around my ankles yet...so that's
good. So you don't have to send my other one if you don't want.

Well, these days we are praying and singing and testifying and teaching in Japanese! I had no idea how difficult it was going to be to learn a new language :) But the other night our district practiced teaching the first lesson about the Restoration in English to each other. I taught one of the Elders in my district and it felt so good to teach and bear my testimony from my heart. It was so good, because it made me realize that I want to be able to do that in Japanese.

I got my first package this last week! From the Jerman Crew! Homemade sugar cookies! It was so wonderful to have some good home baked cookies!

Janni pants! How was your birthday? Nate I hope you are still being safe up on the mountain!

Today my district had the coolest opportunity of a lifetime! Normally on P-days we will get to go to the Provo Temple and do a session. But right now its closed. So today we got to go and help clean it. While the Elders scrubbed baseboards and cleaned lockers, guess what me and the other sisters in my district got to do?! Oh, we just got to put together/clean crystal chandeliers in the Celestial room :) It was so beautiful and we were coming up with a thousand analogies. We literally put together one of the chandeliers crystal by crystal and it was so special! We loved it. It was so nice and peaceful there.

I have seen miracles happening these last couple of weeks with my companion and I. Heavenly Father really answers prayers.

My computer time is just about up, so I will try and write a hand written letter soon.
I love you!!!
King Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment