Monday, September 29, 2014

Hello- I love you!




Dearest, dearest, dearest Mama 

This is a wonderful Tongan family in our branch here in Akita! We love them! The mom isn:t in the picture cause she's the one taking the photo. But they had all of us missionaries over for dinner this week. Their 3 little boys are so fun! The dad is a professional Rugby player! 
Church went good yesterday! We didn:t have any investigators or our new member Eriko Shimai at church yesterday (she was out of town). I love Akita branch though. The members are wonderful! I especially love a sister named Sasaki Shimai. She is the Relief Society president and she noticed that Eriko Shimai wasn:t at church and asked if everything was okay. I told her she was just out of town. But it made me so thankful to know that Eriko Shimai is being looked out for by the members! Our branch is pretty small here, there:s probably about 50 people who come to church. Its been fun lately because a couple sisters in the branch have been asking me to play the piano for a YW song that they:ll be singing a few weeks, or for the Primary program coming up!


Sorry to hear that Dave is sick. I will pray for him! How was your standards night tonight? How was your piano playing? 

My heart is doing good! I have just been chatting back and forth with my dear Teltel and Millzie and Jamie! They sent me a little video saying "we love you Court" and then Tel says "hi" right at the very end. So funny and so good to see my friends! Chels sent me a little video too of Bella in her pjs getting ready for bed and her and Spence. Both of them were still in their Sunday clothes. What good examples they are! 

I don:t know if I will get to listen to the Women:s meeting actually. But I will read it for sure! We will get to watch conference in a couple of weeks! I will get to watch in English! I'm so excited! 

Mama, do you want to do something cool with me starting right now? Before you go to sleep tonight (if your not to tired) read in the New Testament, Matthew chapter 1. Then everyday read just one chapter. And on Christmas Day, you will finish reading the 4 Gospels! We can do it together for our Christmas gift to Christ this year! Learn of Him and Love Him and Rejoice in HIM! There are 89 days til Christmas and 89 chapters in the 4 Gospels! I started a couple of days ago actually and I read my one chapter and then I write down whatever is in my heart. I love it! 

My companion is leaving in a couple of days and my new companion will be Lesuma Shimai from Hawaii! She has already been in the same apartment with me (she was companions with Mataoa Shimai), but now we will be companions! This new transfer will also be her last transfer, before she ends her mission and goes home. 

This week with Carlson Shimai leaving and all, we:ve had tons of dinner appointments with the members. They are so nice to us! 

We also met with a couple of less active sisters and were able to share a spiritual message with them. We taught our investigator Sato san and her two little kids. I taught her about the Spirit with the sister who was jointing for us, while my companion tried to play with the kids and keep them quiet (cause it would probably be insane trying to keep them still and quiet for a lesson...not a lack of faith....just doing real life). 

We had a talent show this week. It was good because a couple of nonmembers came! All of us missionaries did a Mario skit and I was Princess Peach. It was fun! 

Its time for me to go! We get to eat lasagna for lunch that a sister made for us! 

I LOVE YOU WITH EVERYTHING MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Kingu Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment