Monday, August 11, 2014

Feeling Love!



MY FAMILY! I love you!
Me and Rio Shimai (left) and Hibiki Shimai (right). Last Monday when we went to the big FESTIVAL!!

- On Tuesday as I was beginning my language study I put up some pictures and then just sat still for a minute and looked up at my pictures of our family, and of Belle, of me and Tel, of the Blue team, and of me and Dad. I had a strong feeling of comfort and love come over me; it was maybe a really simple moment, but to me it was so sweet! I want to tell you how much I love you family! I hope you can feel my love, because I can surely feel your love! 

- On Wednesday me and Isogai Shimai went and visited a member who lives in a hospital. After that, we went and did country dendo! We decided to go out more into the country where maybe those people haven't ever had the chance to meet the missionaries before (like Mama how you said in one of your letters that you wondered if the missionaries ever knocked on the doors out in the country-side in Kansas). I loved it! I love being out in the country and I really think its fun going in all the interesting yards and seeing all the houses - especially in the country things are older and more run down. More dogs and cats and lots of interesting folks! We housed in this area for awhile and talked to a young high school boy and gave him a Book of Mormon!! Whew! Exciting! 

We also talked to a lady who believed she was a child of God! That was exciting too! I pulled out my Japanese hymn book to see if we could sing her I am a Child of God, but she wasn't too interested in hearing our message. 

The next day, me and Hamano Shimai (in my apartment; we went on a split) went back to the same area to keep housing. One lady was out on her porch, so we walked over to her and started talking. We could tell she wasn't very warm to us and didn't really want to talk, but little by little and we smiled and just tried talking to her, she gradually warmed up to talking to us a little bit and we talked with her about God. I remember being able to feel the Spirit there as we talked about our Heavenly Father. We weren't able to make a next appointment, but I hope she was able to feel at least, God's love for her. 

Yesterday after church! Happy happy!

- Yesterday was a really good day at church! OUR INVESTIGATOR HARUKA CHAN CAME TO CHURCH!!!! She came all by herself! Yay!

- After church when we went back to our apartment, I lay on my futon for a bit and realized that I was so tired, just like every other Sunday, but I felt happy!  I'd really felt the Spirit at church and also tried to forget myself and talk with the members and be a good missionary. It felt so good to be tired and happy, and not just tired! 

I love you my family!
Love Kingu Shimai



I my Mama! Oh.....I miss you sooooo SO much Mama! My homesickness still comes and goes (though its not as bad as it was when I first came to Japan), but oh How Much I Miss my Mom. Let's hang out every single day for the rest of our lives! And make lots of memories! 

I am so happy to hear about your helping the sister missionaries! Really, its SO cool knowing that you are doing that, and getting to see into the nitty gritty of being a missionary. And glad that you are bold and helping the sister missionaries get their lesson out! 

This last week I was wanting to pray about Dave's house selling. But instead of just asking Heavenly Father to please bless Dave's house to sell soon, I decided to just make it more of a real conversation with God. I decided to be more real and more grateful. I told Him how it must be hard to Dave to sell his house and leave it behind, but that I'm so grateful he is willing to do that for you and for our family. I prayed more specifically that you and Dave can have good ideas and be guided on what you can do to help the house sell. So, I hope you can feel my prayers for you. I pray everyday for our family by name, for you and Dad, for Chels and Jan, and Spence and Nate and Belle. I always pray for Tel. And I always pray for Dave too. 


I love you Mama! Did you get the black and white striped zebra skirt from Gramma Kerr!? She told me that she sent me one and you one, so we can be twinners! We should both take a picture in it and send them to her! 

I love you so much Mama! Thanks for loving me and being my Mama! 
Love Courtney Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment