Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas



Meri Kurisumasu Minasan! I love you so much family!
We get to SEE each other in just a few days now! And I am SUPER thankful about that!
I got your and Grandma Kerrs Christmas packages this week and am so excited to open them on Christmas! Thank you so much!
This week we had our ward Christmas party. First off, I want to say that the members in Japan....are. SO. GOOD. They are just full of goodness and love. At the Christmas party they did a little nativity skit, and it was so wonderful to sit and watch these beautiful, humble people acting as Mary and Joseph and the shepherds and wisemen coming to see Christ, and to watch some of them bow as they walk away after coming to see Christ. 

I love that we bow here in Japan. It just seems good and so humble and respectful. It makes me think of that quote that Micail loves about how any person you see is holy, because they are a child of God. So I love that here in Japan we bow to each other.
Last night we went caroling with the Takahashi family. It was a four hour event and we drove all over visiting people and singing them Christmas hymns....which brings me to another wonderful point...singing...hymns...in JAPANESE. I used to not be able to do that. But now, I can!
Well I have to go now, but I will talk to you soon! I love you with my whole heart! Merry Christmas!
Love Kingu Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment